Flashfall (Flashfall #1) by Jenny Moyer ~ Review by Jaime

By Jenny Moyer
Published on November 15, 2016
Published by: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Source: Publisher
Orion is a Subpar, expected to mine the tunnels of Outpost Five, near the deadly flash curtain. For generations, her people have chased cirium—the only element that can shield humanity from the curtain’s radioactive particles. She and her caving partner, Dram work the most treacherous tunnel, fighting past flash bats and tunnel gulls, in hopes of mining enough cirium to earn their way into the protected city.

But when newcomers arrive at Outpost Five, Orion uncovers disturbing revelations that make her question everything she thought she knew about life on both sides of the cirium shield. As conditions at the outpost grow increasingly dangerous, it’s up to Orion to forge a way past the flashfall, beyond all boundaries, beyond the world as she knows it.


Flashfall...

My gosh, y'all! I procrastinated with this one for quite a while, and now I am slapping myself for it. The only good thing about waiting is that I am closer to the release of book 2... Now, WHEN is book 2 coming out? Soon? Tomorrow?

Flashfall was truly a phenomenal story! I don't read a lot of sci-fi, but occasionally one will pique my curiosity, or I will hear so many awesome reviews that I can't help myself. This one was a little bit of both; I read some great reviews, and the name Orion had me at hello. So I gave it a shot, and it absolutely worked! Orion was easily one of my favorite characters of 2016, and the relationship that she had with Dram was so perfect, from their friendship to the start of a wonderful romance.

The action and adventure side of the story was epic, with just enough sci-fi that I could keep up with it. I actually loved the sci aspects of the story, with the people born that can do wondrous things, creating something beautiful, or life-saving, with a little cirium. Flashfall was filled to the brim with things to love... and people to hate. I thoroughly, thoroughly loved this book.

The ending was perfection, but I cannot wait to continue this story. Jenny Moyer , you are a genius, and I love you! Thank you for this perfect story. I just popped over to Goodreads and saw the title of a book, the title of THE SEQUEL.... FLASHTIDE!!! NOVEMBER 2017!!!! Any little bit of coherence that I had is gone.. I will go dance around now. GO READ THIS BOOK!

Jaime Lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time