Jaime Reviews ~ The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle

By Moira Fowley-Doyle
Published on August 18, 2015
Published by: Corgi Childrens
Source: Library!
It's the accident season, the same time every year. Bones break, skin tears, bruises bloom.

The accident season has been part of seventeen-year-old Cara's life for as long as she can remember. Towards the end of October, foreshadowed by the deaths of many relatives before them, Cara's family becomes inexplicably accident-prone. They banish knives to locked drawers, cover sharp table edges with padding, switch off electrical items - but injuries follow wherever they go, and the accident season becomes an ever-growing obsession and fear.

But why are they so cursed? And how can they break free?




The Accident Season...

 I am going to keep this review very short and very sweet. I absolutely loved this book, in so many ways! This author knows how to bring a character to life, and she has done it with every single character that graces these pages. The story is so full of life, and there are so many real issues throughout the book, but there is also a magical, surreal quality to it that draws you in and doesn't let you go. 

 The entire concept of this book blew me away. The romance, the accident season itself, the characters whom I loved.... I don't know how to write a review for this book. I really, really don't. I don't want to say too much and ruin what is such a great experience, but I want to shout from the rooftops that people need to read. This. Book! It truly is one of my favorites of 2015, and I would absolutely without a doubt recommend it to anyone who happens to read my review. Moira Fowley-Doyle is officially on my tops list, and I don't see her leaving it anytime soon. Thank you for this amazing story!




Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time