Seeker - DNF Mini-Review

By Arwen Elys Dayton
Published on February 10th 2015
Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source: Netgalley
Quin Kincaid has been put through years of brutal training for what she thinks is the noble purpose of becoming a revered ‘Seeker’.

Only when it’s too late does she discover she will be using her new-found knowledge and training to become an assassin. Quin's new role will take her around the globe, from a remote estate in Scotland to a bustling, futuristic Hong Kong where the past she thought she had escaped will finally catch up with her.




Seeker combines the occasional bit of mild racism with bland, cliched writing that forces itself to be witty and is not at all well served by the shifting of narrative voices. The book has an interesting premise and a lot of potential it simply didn't begin live up to in the first few chapters. I wish I could give this book more than a few lines as to why I didn't finish it, but frankly "mild racism" is enough for me to go full stop not reading this. It might actually go on to be a really great book past those stumbling chapters I read, but I point blank cannot be bothered enough to care. I'm not sorry.



Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time