The Red Queen


By Victoria Aveyard
Published on February 15, 2015
Published by Harper Teen
Source: Edelweiss
The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?


So when I started this book, I thought... okay- is it dystopian or high fantasy?  I honestly couldn't decide and had no idea.  It turns out that The Red Queen is a good combination of both- a dystopian world with magic thrown in.  It is gritty, dangerous, exciting, and well awesome!

I will admit, the book started slowly and had me wondering- is this going to be a "Did Not Finish" book?  I was so wrong- it picked up about a quarter of the way into the plot and then moved at a ferocious pace.  I got to the end of the book and found myself re-reading so I didn't miss every detail.  The heroine is totally kick-butt.  She is a combination of vulnerability and fearlessness that is fun to read.  I wish I could talk about the romance and the villains- but ... I simply can't.  Just trust me when I say- I was BLOWN away by the plot in this book.

I can tell already this is going to be the next BIG series.  People are going to eat this book up.  Just go order it already- do yourself a favor.



Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time