Crystalee reviews Kitty and Me

By Sharon Smith Kane
Published on October 7 2014
Published by Henry Holt and Co.
Source: Publisher
I love Kitty and Kitty loves me. He comes when I call him . . . usually. We play fun games around this house, Like "Jump" and "Pounce" and "Catch the Mouse."

Playing, chasing, scratching, purring. Kitty and Me is a charming rhyming story of best friendship between a girl and her growing kitten, by Sharon Kane, acclaimed author-illustrator of many beloved Little Golden Book Classics.


This is a very old fashioned picture book, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Author-illustrator Sharon Smith Kane is known for her Little Golden Books, so I guess it makes sense that this book follows that form.

What I liked about Kitty and Me: It is written in a fun rhyme that kids will love to read, and about a topic that a lot of kids will enjoy. What I didn't like: I'm just not a big fan of the old-fashioned illustrations, like the ones often seen in Little Golden Books, even though I grew up with them. One of the things I love most about picture books these days is that they use a variety of art techniques that kids may not get to see in art elsewhere. This book just wasn't my cup of tea.



Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time