Heir of Fire

By Sarah J Maas
Published on September 2, 2014
Published by Bloomsbury
Source: Publisher
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
Gah this series!  It is killing me how good it is!  Heir of Fire started slow for me, mainly because I couldn't remember what had happened in the second book (Thank you Recaptains!). It took me a few chapters to get all the characters resorted out (especially since Celaena is somewhere new and meets all new characters.

Celaena is so fierce.  She is a "take no prisoners" sort of girl and I love how much we dive deep into her psyche in this book.  We learn the truth about Celaena's entire history and boy is it dramatic.  I have been so crazy about Celaena and Chaol this entire story, but to be honest.... someone new is on the scene, and although there is no love triangle that I can see- wowzers is that a deep relationship.

Look I will be honest, writing reviews for books that I am absolutely mad about is so hard- I don't want to give anything away!  So I will leave it at this.  If you haven't started this series yet- go get a cone of shame and put it on your head.  It is that good.



Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time