Crystalee has DNF-ed A Missing Peace

By Beth Fred
Published on September 1 2013
Published by Escape Publishing
Source: Net Galley
Angry, seventeen-year-old Iraqi war refugee Mirriam Yohanna hates her new life in Killeen, Texas, where the main attraction is a military base, populated with spoiled army brats like Caleb Miller.

Caleb has much to be angry about too, including Mirriam who turns him down flat in front of everyone. Eager for retribution, Caleb agrees to a dare that will see him take Mirriam to the prom and regain his pride.

But their relationship soon moves beyond high school antics. Mirriam and Caleb are bound together by more than location, and as they are forced to work closely together on a school assignment, they start to uncover an explosive story that has the potential to ruin lives — and both of their futures. One single truth changes everything and strengthens their bond.

When Mirriam's family discovers their relationship, they decide it's time to arrange her marriage to a proper Iraqi man. Caleb must convince Mirriam that he is in it for forever — or risk losing her for good.
I really, really hate DNF-ing books, but I just had to on this one. When I recently discovered it on my Goodreads list from back in October of 2013, I tried to give it another go, but I just wasn't feeling it. I DNF-ed it at 30%, which is unheard of for me.

It's not a bad book, per say. I loved the premise of it. A couple from completely different backgrounds, countries, and religions tied together by the horror of war. But I just couldn't stand Caleb. He was racist, sexist, and horrible to Mirriam. I didn't want Mirriam to end up with him, and I knew that's what was coming.

I know I only read 30% of the book, but things just weren't moving fast enough for me to see how these two could possibly go from enemies to lovers. I was bored, and I have no desire to finish it after all these months. Offically DNF-ed.


Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time