Amanda says good-bye to The Best Books Ever

Man, how do I even begin? Well I am sure that the title made you a bit curious about this post, but it is true. This will be one of my last posts for The Best Books Ever.

I started this blog over 4 years ago- first on live journal, then on blogger, and finally moving to being self- hosted. It has been my third baby for these years and I am ready to say that it is time to part ways. I originally started this blog when I was pregnant with my first son and then really took off with it when I became a stay at home mom. It has been my source of sanity for many rough days that I have been through.

I have always been a big reader. I have read so many stacks of books that libraries simply couldn't keep up with me. As I began blogging I started tracking my books- I would read almost (and sometimes more than) 200 books a year! Can you imagine that?

 Blogging is so much work. There were some weeks that between html work, review writing, graphic making, blog commenting, and promoting I did enough work that it could have been a full-time job. That never sat well with me. I wanted to have a successful, well-put together job, but the idea of burning out because of a hobby seemed... well... stupid. I expanded rapidly- asking Sarah to join me and then Ericka, Kaleena, Crystalee, Alex and most recently Marcey and Kylie. Although they have taken over a major amount of the work- my own part seemed to be never ending, and I never seemed to be able to keep up. I have always told myself that I wouldn't let this blog become a burden. Somehow, it did for me.

I have a new full-time job again, and my time as a stay at home mom is ending. It is time. I feel only peace about it. I will be passing all social media on to other members of the blog (no worries- they will stay the same, YOU have to do nothing). I am excited for where the site is going. There are many good things ahead for The Best Books Ever!

Thank you all. Thank you for reading this site- I never knew people would actually be interested in anything I had to say. Thank you for being so fun and such an encouragement to me. As many days as I thought the blogging community was absolutely wacko, I also thought that there were people that I am so thankful I have met that have absolutely blessed my life.

I am so thankful that I can call a variety of authors friends. I will miss our talks, but I know we will keep in contact.

Well, that is it for me. I do still have posts scheduled ahead until October- Sarah will be handling that. Thank you for reading and please support the rest of the Best Book Ever bloggers. They will still be here offering fantastic reviews and content. They are wonderful friends and I will be sure to hop back on the site as a reader, instead of a writer! I am looking forward to seeing how BBE will change and how it will stay the same.  I know the site has a long life ahead, and although I am a smidge jealous that I won't be part of it- I know it will be fabulous.

If you want to keep in contact with me, I will be happy to chat through Goodreads where I will remain active. If you want my personal Facebook page, you are welcome to request it through the blog email oneminutebooks at gmail dot com.

May God bless you all,
Amanda Coranne

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time