Soul Betrayed by Katlyn Duncan

By Katlyn Duncan
Published on February 27th 2014
Published by Carina
Source: Author
A Life for a Life

The battle between Shadowed and Guard has brought destruction and terror to Gate Seven and now Maggie wants revenge. As the only after-life being who can save the souls from ultimate death Maggie comes face to face with her own human body, preserved for a century, waiting for just this moment to arrive.

Yet, how far will Maggie go to exact her revenge on the Shadowed? And when she comes face to face with her past, how will she survive the onslaught of memories she thought long gone?

For when the truth comes out all is not what it seems and Maggie has finally run out of time... She must choose her destiny or watch all she has perish in the fight for her life!

The Life After series:
1. Soul Taken
2. Soul Possessed
3. Soul Betrayed

Soul Betrayed was amazing! This wonderful conclusion to the Life After series was my favorite of the series by far! I will warn you (in a good way), as you're reading, whatever you think is going to happen, isn't going to happen. It's a page-turner with an unexpected ending that I enjoyed! I can't say too much about this book without giving away spoilers and I really don't want to do that - you just have to read it for yourself.

I can tell you that Maggie grew up in this book... even after spending a century doing her job, she still had growing to do. But, really, she had no choice. Everything hinged on her at this point. And, she would do anything to keep everyone she loves safe. One of my favorite parts were Maggie's memories coming back to her. The reader learns things about her past at the same time she does - we're not outsiders looking in on her.

Jackson... Jackson, Jackson, Jackson... what can I say without giving anything away? He blew us away with his epic betrayal at the end of Soul Possessed. I was heartbroken for Maggie. But, at the same time I thought that gave room for Cooper to swoop in. I can tell you that there is very little in the romance department, but you can safely assume your jaw will drop and you will see Jackson in a whole new light. I promise.

All in all, as I said, absolutely epic conclusion to this series. It was a bittersweet ending, both in book and for the me as a reader in general since I really loved the series and was sad to see it end. But, it ended in a good place. Katlyn Duncan has a fan in me and I can't wait to see what she has planned next!

Soul Betrayed is out today!!

Also, see my reviews for Soul Taken (The Life After, #1) and Soul Possessed (The Life After, #2).

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time