Into the Still Blue (Some spoilers)


By Veronica Rossi
Published on January 28th 2014
Published by HarperCollins
Source: Publisher
Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.
So this has spoilers- not about specific plot details, but you can infer what happens through some of what I have written- you have been warned.



This was an interesting conclusion to the Under the Never Sky trilogy.  I have to say, it was incredibly entertaining.  I had a rough time at first, remembering all the details (and now that I think about it- I think I said this about the last book too).  I really love Aria.  I am not sure what the deal was with her in this book, but I kept waiting for her to let go, and she didn't until almost the end.  Her anger was palpable, but she took a backseat to the others in her group.

Why wasn't there more Roar in this book?  I love him!  And I get no conclusion for him?  That is just killer!  5 characters die in this book.  Whew- there was a ton of fighting in Into the Still Blue!  I love the way that Rossi writes though- she really makes her world visible to me- I absolutely love it!

Rossi also does an excellent job of balancing action and quiet moments. She puts bits of humor into very dark situations.  All in all this was an excellent conclusion to a very solid dystopian.  I am eager to see what direction she heads in next- I will absolutely be picking it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time