Infinite


By Jodi Meadows
Published on January 28, 2014
Published by Katherine Tegen Books
Source: Publisher for Review
DESTRUCTION
The Year of Souls begins with an earthquake—an alarming rumble from deep within the earth—and it’s only the first of greater dangers to come. The Range caldera is preparing to erupt. Ana knows that as Soul Night approaches, everything near Heart will be at risk.

FLIGHT
Ana’s exile is frightening, but it may also be fortuitous, especially if she can convince her friends to flee Heart and Range with her. They’ll go north, seeking answers and allies to stop Janan’s ascension. And with any luck, the newsouls will be safe from harm’s reach.

CHOICE
The oldsouls might have forgotten the choice they made to give themselves limitless lifetimes, but Ana knows the true cost of reincarnation. What she doesn’t know is whether she’ll have the chance to finish this one sweet life with Sam, especially if she returns to Heart to stop Janan once and for all.

With gorgeous romance and thrilling action, the final book in the Incarnate trilogy offers a brilliant conclusion to the compelling questions of this fascinating world, where one new girl is the key to the lives of millions.

I started reading this book for two reasons- 1, because I LOVED the rest of the series and 2 because I was in the need for a good romantic and dramatic read and Jodi assured me that there was some of it in Infinite.  Boy was she right!  Ok, there was a ton of kissy facing at the beginning of the book.  After that, this was probably the most "adventure" type book out of the three.  I have to say- I loved that.  This felt like straight fantasy.  Not that the other books weren't, but this book was full of strange creatures, dragons, phoenixes, and magic. There was a good chunk of this book that the romance between Ana and Sam took a backseat to the fantasy elements.

I loved all the dragons!  Woohoo for dragon books!  They took mainstage in Infinite- and can I say- I would be so psyched to see a novella or something about the DRAGONS ha ha ha!  I love the communication between all of the creatures in this book.  What Jodi did with it was so creative and made so much sense in the context of the trilogy. 

Ana grew so much in Infinite- she really grew up.  She bloomed into her own person- someone who has outgrown the restrictions her life has put on her and really become someone who can stand up for herself and what she believes is the right course of action.  Cris... he breaks my heart over and over again.  I really think out of all the characters in the book Cris is the one who will stick with me.  I wanted so much for him that he never got.  He gets a TON of page time in Infinite (so thanks Jodi!)  If you haven't read Asunder yet (what is wrong with you??)  I can't give you details about Cris, but we come to get to know him more in his new form.

The end.  Whoah.  Talk about moving at break neck speed!  I found myself having to read pages three times to soak in everything.  I think that is what I love best about this author's novels- she really has no downtime in her books.  As someone who has babies and falls asleep quickly- I need my books to be action packed.  This trilogy didn't disappoint.  I cannot WAIT to see what is coming next from Jodi Meadows!


Psst- Just to give you a heads up, come back tomorrow- I am giving away a hardback of Asunder AND an ARC of Infinite!

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time