Charmed Vengence


By Suzanne Lazear
Published on August 8, 2013
Published by Flux
Source: Net Galley
In the Faerie realm, Noli Braddock's relationship with her best friend V has grown into something more. But V's mother, Faerie Queen Tiana, has ruled that they are forbidden to see each other. Returning to the mortal realm, Noli joins the crew of her brother's air-pirate ship, the Vixen's Revenge. There she discovers that her brother has hired the scallywag Faerie huntsman, Kevighn Silver. While serving as shipmates, Kevighn and Noli learn that the Earth Court King plans to find a forbidden artifact--one that will bring destruction to everyone Noli loves.

I have had this book sitting on my Kindle for ages. It is funny- I loved the first book in the series, but other books and tour simply kept capturing my attention.  I finally  took the time to read this sequel- I am so happy I did.  It did NOT disappoint.

Charmed Vengeance hops right in where the first book ends.  Noli is changed (sorry can't tell you how, that would be a spoiler).  She is in a constant battle to maintain her sense of self and control over her own body.  V has left her and has been ordered to stay away and Noli's brother Jeff has returned. 

Most of Charmed Vengeance V and Noli are not together.  Although that seems to be a typical book two problem for couples- I actually didn't mind this happening as much in this sequel. I still found their relationship believable and was happy to see that the dreaded "love triangle" didn't rear its ugly head.

The only negative?  I still don't understand why the covers are so blatantly steampunk when the books are so blatantly about the fae.  Don't get me wrong, I love the covers and I love the books- but I honestly don't get it.  This is incredibly minor to me though (and I do admit that there is plenty of steampunk in the books- it is more the lack of fae references on the covers that get me).  I love this series regardless and I can't wait until the third book.  I love books about fae and am so happy that this series exists!

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time