Fading Amber Mini Review


By Jaime Reed
Published on December 24, 2013
Published by K Teen
Source: Publisher
After falling for a Cambion and then turning into one herself, Samara never thought her senior year could get any more complicated. The gaps in her memory, the mysterious deaths and the constant danger that threaten her once quiet town have a common thread: Tobias, a demon with a lot of enemies. He's also Samara's other soul mate and he's suddenly disappeared. But Samara isn't the only one who wants to find Tobias. His enemies are getting closer and their plans for retribution could mean deadly consequences for Samara and her true soul mate, Caleb

First of all, it is really beyond me why this series isn't getting more attention- it really is fabulous!  I wish more people out there new about these characters and this story!

I have a beef with this cover- well with all of the covers to be honest.  The model who is portraying Samara- GORGEOUS!  I love her!  I think she is absolutely stunning and perfect.  The model who is portraying Caleb?  WHY?  He is a nice looking guy.  WHAT IS WITH THE 1999 OUTFIT AND WEIRD HAIR?  Honestly, it wasn't attractive in 1999, why on earth would it be attractive now?  (Unless I have somehow missed that this takes place in 1999- then my extreme apologies!)  The shark tooth, the embarrassing smolder-face, and (smh) the popped collar? Really?  Please, PLEASE fix this for the next book- PLEASE!

As for the story- this is such a fun and action packed series.  I really can't put these books down when I start reading them.  This series reminds me of the Embrace series by Jessica Shirvington- it is full of drama and action.  (It is actually pretty relentless).  I love the relationship that Samara and Caleb have (although Caleb needed a big slap upside the head in this book). 

This series is addicting and fun- if you are a fan of paranormal reads, absolutely check it out-you won't regret it! 

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time