Best Book Ever: Best Book You've Never Read



This week's topic comes to us via Coranne, who was curios about the best book you've never read. We've all got massive to-be-read piles, and they're sure to include books that everyone's RAVED about and you're sure to get to someday, eventually, once you clone yourself or add four more hours to each day. So I asked our contributors to share their secret haven't-read-it-yet shame with me, and the rest of the internet. Check out our selections and let us know what you think in the comments.



The best book I've never read is Veronica Roth's DIVERGENT. I know, I know. It's the best thing since Smarties and Pixie Sticks and Pop Rocks, but I'm holding out until the series is complete. Why? Because I hate cliffhangers and having to wait a year to find out what happens next. So I'm going to bide my time until Miss Roth wraps up the whole shebang, then I'll devour these books in one sitting.

Melissa Landers - Alienated (February 1, 2014; Disney Hyperion)

The best book I haven't yet read is Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo. I've heard so many great things about the rich world building. Can't wait to read it. It's high on my TBR list!

Lydia Kang - Control (December 19, 2013; Dial Books for Young Readers)


The best book I haven't read yet is A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. This is really embarrassing, because I've been lugging a copy of it from apartment to apartment for around thirteen years, ever since a friend recommended it in college. Even in mass market paperback, the book looks intimidating, so I just never got around to it, and despite the rave reviews, I'm always a bit hesitant to take on an epic fantasy — particularly when the series isn't finished yet. The HBO show is already into its third season, so I've been feeling the pressure even more lately (I don't want to watch it until I've read the book), but I figure I still have some time; I just tell people I'm waiting until Martin finishes the last book, and they nod knowingly.

E.C. Myers - Quantum Coin (October 23, 2012; Pyr) 

By now I really should have read MIDDLEMARCH: I love the themes it presents; it's my daughter's favorite novel; I am fond of stories set in the early- to mid-1800s; I adored the mini-series; I often crave long, languid novels as palate cleansers between plot-driven YA books; and I even included one line of homage to MIDDLEMARCH in MONSTROUS BEAUTY.* In short, this book was apparently written for me and yet I've never read it!

Elizabeth Fama - Monstrous Beauty (FSG, Sept. 2012) and Plus One (FSG, Jan. 2014)

My best book I never read belongs to a very popular series. Outlander is supposedly the best of fantasy and romance. There is time travel and a love story of epic proportions... but I just haven't read it yet (Oh that and Daughter of Smoke and Bone *runs and hides*)

Coranne

My list of books I should read, but haven't yet, is pretty massive.  I keep looking lovingly at the shelves of books I've had for years and desperately want to read, including some others that are already on this list.  Right now, the first one that comes to mind is His Majesty's Dragon, and the rest of the Temeraire series, by Naomi Novik.  I've got the first three books and know that I'd love them, and have friends who have assured me of such, but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Sarah
Go ahead and share your favorites in the comments!

If you're interested in participating in Best Book Ever, let us know!  Just leave us a comment or send an email to oneminutebooks at gmail and we'll get you set up!

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time