Vanish and Hidden (Firelight #2 and #3)

Vanish (Firelight #2)
By Sophie Jordan
Published by Harper Teen
Published on September 6, 2011
Source: Won ARC from another blogger

Summary taken from Goodreads:
To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?



Hidden (Firelight #3)
By Sophie Jordan
Published by Harper Teen
Published on September 11, 2012
Source: ARC from publisher

Summary taken from Goodreads:

Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.




I LOVE LOVED this series!  After reading Firelight, I was a little concerned about where this series was headed- it wasn't my favorite book.  I did enjoy Firelight, but it didn't blow me away.  I decided to hold on to Vanish and read it with Hidden since they are such fast reads- I am so glad I did!

Cassian really grew into someone that I wanted to win.  As much as I knew I was supposed to root for Will, my heart belonged to Cassian in the story.  The author really  knows how to bring the drama in her stories!  I felt like each book was an emotional rollercoaster, one that I couldn't put down!  

I was very excited about the twist with Tamra in the second book.  Although she remains a side character in the third book, she does get page time in the form of a romance (and it is so much fun to read!)  Hidden resolves the story nicely and all the loose ends are tied up- not particularly the way I wanted them to, but in a way that is true to the entire narrative.  

I can't wait to see what Sophie Jordan's next YA series will be- I thoroughly enjoyed the Firelight series and I know my readers will too!




Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time