The Last Princess

The Last Princess
By Galaxy Craze
Published by Poppy
Published on May 1, 2012
Source: Finished Copy from Publisher






Summary taken from Goodreads:

Happily ever after is a thing of the past.

A series of natural disasters has decimated the earth. Cut off from the rest of the world, England is a dark place. The sun rarely shines, food is scarce, and groups of criminals roam the woods, searching for prey. The people are growing restless.

When a ruthless revolutionary sets out to overthrow the crown, he makes the royal family his first target. Blood is shed in Buckingham Palace, and only sixteen-year-old Princess Eliza manages to escape.

Determined to kill the man who destroyed her family, Eliza joins the enemy forces in disguise. She has nothing left to live for but revenge, until she meets someone who helps her remember how to hope—and to love—once more. Now she must risk everything to ensure that she not become... The Last Princess.



The  Cover:  I want to like the cover- I really do.  I love the colors, the background, the font, but I really don't like the figure standing in the front.  Her pose doesn't scream revolutionary princess that has been to hell and back- it screams seductress.  I don't get it.  I don't understand why her clothes are lazily draped around her shoulders, why she is wearing black, or why she is standing the way she is.  I try to focus on the rest of the cover that I enjoy instead.


The Characters:  I enjoyed getting to know the siblings- Mary, Eliza, and Jamie.  They felt like characters I really could learn to love.  Although I didn't get to know them well, I really thought that they didn't feel like snobby wealthy people- they had heart, personalities, and were people I really wanted good things to happen to.  The "hero" of the story- Wesley- well I didn't really get to know him at all.  The relationship between Eliza and Wesley had a familiarity to it- the roles of protector/ teacher and student like between Four and Tris in Divergent.  I will say that this role wasn't really explored as much as it could have been, other than a few scenes. 

The Story:  I wanted this story to be so much more- literally I wanted it to be longer.  I felt like the story was great- I loved the way it played out, but it felt so unfinished, and I don't mean the ending.  I felt like every scene could have been taken a bit farther- the conversations, the passion, the battles- it all felt a bit clipped short.  I did enjoy what  happened in the story and all of the plot twists.  It was interesting seeing a story from the viewpoint of a Windsor. I did enjoy the story and I hope the second book in this series give a little... more.








Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time