Dreamless (Starcrossed 2)

Dreamless (Starcrossed #2)
By Josephine Angelini
Published by Harper Teen
To be Published on May 29th








Summary taken from Goodreads:

As the only Scion that can enter Hades at will, Helen descends to the Underworld in search of a way to overcome the Furies and end the cycle of revenge that has cursed the Scions. But she’s running out of time. Each descent weakens her both in mind and spirit. A mysterious stranger might be her only salvation, but the price may be her love for Lucas Delos.

As an unforgettable love triangle emerges, Josephine Angelini’s compelling saga becomes ever more intricate and spellbinding. The eagerly awaited sequel to the internationally bestselling Starcrossed, Dreamless delivers with a huge emotional impact that will leave readers satisfied—and longing for more.


The Cover:  I love these covers!  I love the fact that she looks like she is in a Greek outfit.  I love that isn't a girl in a corset or something "modern".  I absolutely LOVE the colors of this cover- this picture is so gorgeous- I would put it on my wall!

The Characters:  I didn't think the author could get even better introducing more characters- but that is what happened.  We are introduced to more Rogues, gods, and Demi-gods and goddesses.  This is absolutely a strong point for the author.  She is excellent at defining the characters and really making them realistic (and that is hard to do when we are talking about gods and goddesses.  The book focuses on the relationship between Helen, Lucas, and Orion- yes there is a love triangle.  I have to say though, that although I am weary of love triangles, this book did it to perfection!  I am so glad that this book wasn't the "bad boy" against the "good guy".  I was rooting for BOTH males and am as torn as Helen as to which to pick.

The Story: This story blew me away!  I have read very few sequels that are better than the first book- but this was absolutely the case while reading Dreamless.  Josephine Angelini has raised the bar even higher when it comes to writing a sophomore novel.  I really don't want to say anything that will spoil this book.... it was THE book that you need read this May.  It was fast-paced, action-packed, and full of romance.  Helen is not a feeble and weak heroine- she is someone strong and courageous enough to sacrifice her own well-being to help humanity.  I will leave it at that.  Go do yourself a favor and pre-order this book!




Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time