Guest Post: Austentatious Movie Casting

Today, we are welcoming Alyssa Goodnight- the author of Austentatious!  She is here to give us her picks for who would play the characters in her book if there was a movie!













I'm one of those bare bones writers. Basically it's just me, typing away at my keyboard, using Microsoft Word on my desktop computer, but sometimes shaking things up with my Alphasmart. Obviously I don't use special software, I don't listen to music, I don't pre-cast my books, and I don't use any peripheral charts or really any extranneous anything. Recently I've started collaging, and that's made a world of difference in keeping the story fresh in my mind, but I wasn't even doing that with AUSTENTATIOUS. So the casting came afterwards. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I just wanted to lay it out there that these faces weren't inspiring me through the writing, rewriting, and revisions. But now, they seem absolutely perfect!


 
Nicola, Main Character

(I love that Ginnifer Goodwin looks so sweet and sensible, but I also love the transformation!)




Brett Tilson, Nicola's Sensible Crush


(I could see how Nic could fall for him...he's sexy & serious!)  



Sean MacInnes, Nicola's Surprise Scottish Crush



(Those eyes...and that mischievous look! Chris Pine is a perfect Sean!)


Beck, Nicola's Sidekick
(Allison Scagliotti would make a steller Beck. She is the perfect blend of kooky and smart.)



Gabe, Nicola's Best Friend
 
  (Jake Gyllenhaal has 'boy next door' charm, and I suspect he wouldn't pull any punches.) 



Laura and Leslie, Nicola's Next Door Neighbors


                     


  Julie Bowen would shine as Laura, and Kathy Griffin would, I'm sure, feel right at home as Leslie.



So...has this casting of AUSTENTATIOUS piqued your interest for the book? I confess, I'm suddenly desperate to see it made into a movie... 



 Check out AUSTENTATIOUS by Alyssa Goodnight today!





Images via here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here & here

Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time