Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark
by Leigh Fallon
Published October 4, 2011
Published by Harper Teen








Summary Taken from Goodreads:

Their love was meant to be.
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.


Whew is Megan Rosenberg a kick-butt heroine!  She is awesome, strong, and holy cow don't make her angry!  

I have to say, I did have a little trouble getting into this book.  I loved the premise of it -especially that it took place in Ireland.  It just didn't feel new for me.  I felt like I had read this storyline before.  (Girl moves to a new place, meets hunky guy that no one thinks she should talk to, guy has a cute spunky sister with short dark hair who is really nice to heroine, and mean aloof sibling(s). Turns out guy has superpowers, as does his family..... get where I am going here?) Luckily that feeling really only lasted for the first few chapters for me.  Once Megan finds out what in the world is going on- that is when the book gets creative.

I loved the relationship between Adam and Megan.  It felt real.  It was rushed, it was passionate- but it wasn't insta-love.  The characters even admit that- they have strong feelings, but what they have is new.  I appreciated that after reading so many "Hi how are you? You are hot!  Marry me!" storylines.

If you read this book for anything- read it for the last few chapters.  And then read them again.  And again.  Holy cow does the ending blow me away!  (And as a note ... and the author knows this... I think she is cruel for how she ended it.)  All I have to say- Megan can have Adam because man does she scare me!

Read this book- it starts a little slow, but it is totally worth it!  I can't wait until the next one!




Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time