Waterfall

Waterfall
By Lisa T Bergren
Published by David C Cook
Published on February 2011







Summary taken from Goodreads:

Lisa Tawn Bergren's new YA series, River of Time, is romantic, historical fiction in which the plucky heroine doesn't have to fear a vampire's bite but must still fight for her life.

In Waterfall, American teenager Gabi Betarrini accidentally finds herself in Fourteenth-Century Italy . . . Knights. Swords. Horses. Armor. And Italian hotties. Most American teens want an Italian vacation, but the Betarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives there with their archaeologist parents. Stuck on yet another hot, dusty dig, they are bored out of their minds... until they place their hands atop handprints in an ancient tomb and find themselves catapulted into the Fourteenth Century and in the middle of a fierce battle between kni
ghts bent on killing one another.

Wow I loved this book!  I have read a LOT of books from Christian publishers and I have to say- this series blows them out of the water.  The characters are loveable, they evolve and become better by the end of the story.  I love the entire premise behind the book.  What young girl doesn't consider what it would be like to live in a different time?

The only minor issue I had with the book was how believable it was that these two girls knew so much and had so many skills- fencing? archery? medieval history? multiple languages?  I tried not to think on it and assume it was more from the lifestyle of their parents. Besides- there is a scene where the ladies show off their skills in battle that is kick butt!  I LOVED it!  (So much that I went back and read it three times).

I can't wait to read the next two books in this series.

On a side note- I have some of the author's children's books up for review on my side (in the archives).  I didn't realize this was the same author- but I like her even more now!




Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time