Delirium by Lauren Oliver


By Lauren Oliver

Published on: February 1, 2011

Published by:  Harper Collins





Summary Taken from Goodreads.com:

Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't.



Wow, this book was fantastic!  In the dystopia genre, I already love The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Matched.  I now have another book to add to my LOVE list.  This was a fantastic book!

Lauren Oliver is an incredibly gifted writer.  The characters are so believable and so well-written- I am very impressed!  I know there have been comparisons about this book and Matched.  It is true that they do have similarities, both have societies where love is minimal and your life is laid out for you.  They both have a main character that rebels from that idea.  However,  both authors do a great job of keeping the storyline fresh.  While reading Delirium, I never thought about Matched.  I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't really compare it to any book.  It really was that good.

I really hope you will go pick up this book- it is absolutely worth it.  The only thing that makes me sad- I have to wait until next March to read the second book in this three book series.  So sad.


This is my favorite poem- and it was in Delirium- enjoy:


i carry your heart with me - e.e. cummings
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
                                  i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart) 




Popular posts from this blog

Damaged Goods (Blank Slate #2) by Jennifer Bardsley ~ Release Day Celebration & Giveaway...

The Child Finder

Aru Shah and the End of Time